Castign proved very tricky and actualy neded up taking alot of time to perfect. We tried almsot everythign to get the silocne to work, we decompreseed, before after and durign casting, added catalist reducsed catalist, enjected, painted, enjected and painted. To know availe we asked anyone and everyone we could to try and figure out why it wouldnt work. In the end we took the most low tech approach possible we did deomcpress and simly bult up the silcone in layers inside the mould and the pressed them together usign the final layour of silone liek glue, we trippled the catalist as it was 1% and compltely undictatebale to the scales when were makign up the small amount we needed for each componet( roughly 10-20g each time). Finally success came in just teh nick of tiem ad we were able to create a fully function puppet the frieday before shooting (beging on the monday)
The set is up and ready now after what feels like month of planning, Sasha made the base for the set out of wood and chicken wre at hoem in her garage and the transpoted it the UWE studios so we could add more wire, papper masha, plaster and essetialy pebble dash the entire thing- this was the section we got the most hand on board to help getting three fellow students to help plaster and pebble dash as it was easier to get it all doen in a week so plaster ddint dry before we coudl cement in the peblles, pretty much the hole thing was PVA'd over to seal in the rocks and reduce the amount of movemne of pebbles on set whalst shooting.
We also madea bunch of other props including a mini crab which eventualy ended up being teh only crab we used through out the film, two scales of seagul, flip flop, boat, "no seagul"sighn, stars and a bomb.
This is a space for development work of my grad film BORIS-NORIS. A slap stick stop-motion film about NOT sharing.